Places to Party

Sunday, August 25, 2019

Gifts of August



In the last week I've noticed that the nights are getting quite a bit cooler, we've had to break out the quilts a few times. Summer is starting to give way to Fall. I guess we are towards the end of August but it seems like this summer has just flown.











My son starts college tomorrow and I'm nostalgic, nervous and a bit overwhelmed. My baby is grown up! When did this happen?








In the midst of all the melee, I've whittled away a small amount of time to work on those two blocks I need to do to catch up. For this post, we are going to focus on month 10, the Seasons of Giving Blocks.









This block is pretty quick to piece as most of it is simply squares and rectangles.










 


There is the prerequisite snowballing for the
bow.

















Then we put it all together with some space in between...




And voilĂ , we have a beautiful block.










8 comments:

  1. I thank you for this post. The title hits me, The Gifts of August. I need to meditate and look for the past month's gift to me, because on the surface, it's the worst month I've lived.

    Worth a Thousand Words

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I can offer any soothing words or advice as I feel I too have been through the ringer lately.. actually the last ten years... own where you are at the moment and respect it then move forward. Life it always in transition and sometimes it seems so bad as to say, "Really? Why me? Again?" but you'll get through it and at some point when there is a distance between you and the now, you may see there was a lesson that had to be learned and this was the only way that it could be done.

      Delete
  2. Congratulations on your son't start in college - lovely photos today

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the quilt design...it will be beautiful! And I'm wishing your son the very best in college. Our granddaughter just started college too. Time sure flies by!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never seen that block before. Very nice! I like the bright red pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How impressive that you could find time to work on this! Thanks again for linking to Mosaic Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. When the kids leave the nest it's always the Mum that has the hardest time isn't it? Good job you've got your beautiful blocks to distract you!
    Wren x

    ReplyDelete
  7. When your baby's all grow up it can be tough, but if you let them go they do always come back again. If you are lucky you'll still get some hugs when they see you!! Your blocks are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete