Places to Party

Monday, June 3, 2019

The Adopted Quilt

I got my days mixed up. But I didn't know it at the time.

I arrived for my sewing class Saturday after having to rearrange the last class. I thought June 2nd was a Saturday, and I arrived in Medina to see a note that the store was closed.
My husband was ill so I was all by myself... so... time to check out all the fun stores in Medina!

It was while I was in Filomena's Favorites that I saw this pretty.




She called out to me that siren song that old quilts have. "You know you want to take me home"...



Yes. Yes I did.
 


She was only $25 so I held tightly to my new found friend. I brought her home, showed my husband who said, "Wow that's pretty" and we promptly put her on the bed and she had a new home.

Here is a close up of her prettiness:












I may be a little partial as I'm currently making one myself which you'll see in the near future. Here is a sneak peak...






















Steve's  

Oh, and in the last blog several people mentioned that they wanted to see the PJ pants Steve and I made. Here they are:



And mine, modeled by Roman the Cat.

2 comments:

  1. It's good of you to take that lovely quilt home. I've been working on the same type of blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are so many homeless quilts that need families. We all need to do our part! :D

    ReplyDelete