Places to Party

Monday, October 2, 2017

My QBQ Quilt

The holidays are coming fast and furious. I have at least two and possible more gifts I have to make, one including a quilt I haven't even started yet, and here am I doing my QBQ quilt!

What is a QBQ quilt? It is my Quilt Between Quilts quilt. Have you ever done that? You have something that is pressing but because all the material is right there and it would really be a shame to put it away only to bring it all back out again, so...why not make this quilt.... it's calling to you..and you can get it done quickly right?... right?...

Well, not so right. This really is an easy quilt, MQC's Dangling Charms. I had left over precut strips and several precut 5" squares so I figured it wouldn't take that long-zip, zip...sew one side then the other and join them together, no problem.

Then I realized that I probably didn't have enough 5" squares to make a queen sized quilt but I did have a lot of small leftover fabric that would also work. And there was that fabric that I bought at the library's fundrasier...and.. you see where this is going right?






So I finally got it done but now it's October and I really have to get with it as I have one more quilt and a set of aprons I've promised myself to get done for holiday gifts. This came out pretty well though if I do say so myself. I love the way the squares step down the quilt. I'll probably put a border on it at some point, or... maybe this will be that holiday gift .... who knows?






6 comments:

  1. It's a nice "charming" quilt. I'll have to put this one my list to consider. Of course, I have so many to consider that I'll have to live until I'm 135! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally understand that! Haha... You are making one and buying fabric for a "future" quilt...

      Delete
  2. I think the quilt turned out great! Good luck with the aprons, I'm sure they'll be lovely too. And thanks for sharing at Vintage Charm! xo Kathleen|Our Hopeful Home

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! Thanks for sharing at Home Sweet Home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great quilt, in between quilts! Nice way to use up fabric - well done!

    ReplyDelete