Places to Party

Monday, August 17, 2015

Eggs! Glorious Eggs!

Eggs! Glorious Eggs!
 

I was starting to believe that I had the only chickens in the universe that didn't lay eggs.


Then it happened..








                                              The clouds parted and universe smiled.



My son went to check on their water and there they were, two beautiful and perfect chicken eggs.




You could have knocked me over with a spoon.

To use my niece's phrase, I was one happy chicken-mama..

So proud of my girls.









They weren't very happy with us taking the eggs.




I've noticed since they've started laying they think they're all grown..

And voice their opinions quite readily.













Really! Do you know how long we've been up?
They let me know each morning that they've been ready to start their day for HOURS...

Even when it's only 7:30am... they sit in their house and grousing about not being able to go out on their own.

Having a curfew at their age!.. Humf!

"Get on it lady, let us out!"....





But they do a great job... we had three with double yolks.



Farm fresh eggs!

 
 
Love these stupid chickens! Totally, unequivocally, love these silly girls.
 
 


 

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations!!!! Isn't it exciting to find those first eggs? Our little ladies have also started laying this month. I'll post next week. We only have three now and those eggs are SO little. I'm sure they'll get bigger but we also had one with double yolks. Enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh must be nice to go out and get fresh eggs in the morning and have breakfast I love that. Thanks for linking to Share With Me I hope to see you again soon #sharewithme

    ReplyDelete