Places to Party

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Christmas on the Farm


Cardinal

 

 
This holiday season we traveled to my hometown in Mid-Michigan to stay with my family at my childhood home. My brother and I were fortunate to grow up on a farm and I thought I would share some of the images with you.

 
 






Chole the Cow..





Mid-Michigan like New York, got hit with an ice storm just before the holiday. Mid-Michigan got hit a lot harder and due to that, a lot of families went through Christmas without power. Instead of caroling, the ceaseless sound of a generator ran through the night but those that had them felt very blessed as those that didn’t had to contend with cold nights and the possibility of freezing pipes.











Frozen Fields..cold but pretty..



Just not having one convenience, and please remember most people didn’t have electricity until the 1930’s or 1940’s so it is a convenience, really makes you appreciate the little things.



This is what the holidays on the farm look like…


Frozen Fences



 

 
Provisions

 

 




                                                                                  Cold Farmers
 



 

                                                                      Happy Dogs

No comments:

Post a Comment