Places to Party

Thursday, November 14, 2019

Sewing Room Helpers Part 2



Oh my! My life is in pieces....
...whatever should I do???



When we last left you, our heroin Pretty Polly, her skirt was being filled and she just felt like her life was in pieces! 


(Dramatic pause, I've been listening to a lot of old radio programs lately).









When the skirt is filled, gather the top with the gathering thread and make sure it's pulled tightly enough to form a small "cone" at the top that will fit inside your half doll. Thread your gathering thread into a needle and use this to sew the top portion of the skirt into a tight "cone".




Tie a little gathered knot.



With a new piece of thread, run the first stitch through the skirt portion.
Thread it through one of the holes in your half doll. At this point, I also
put a little bit of Crazy glue inside to hold the doll securely.



Sew from front to back through all the holes. This doll had three. Sew several times until you feel the base is secure to the skirt portion.




Tie a square knot or slip it under your stitching and double knot it.


Here is our pretty lady all completed.



From the back.





Joining her new sister.





I do think this one will be my cross stitch companion. She's small enough to fit in my work caddy for my needlework and will be perfect for errant needles.

Hope you enjoyed this blogpost. Please leave a comment below on what you are working on.

2 comments:

  1. Those are nice companions to have around!

    ReplyDelete
  2. gummiband Really I enjoy your site with effective and useful information. It is included very nice post with a lot of our resources.thanks for share. i enjoy this post.

    ReplyDelete