Places to Party

Wednesday, January 2, 2019

De-Catting my Craft Room

I finally have my craft room back! For quite a while that room just got to be nothing but a place to stow any and all ephemera that came into the house and I had no idea where to put it.




Aren't they adorable?
First there was an inlaw's house that the extended family was cleaning out. All kinds of treasures there! I'm really into enamelware lately and I found some great rectangular enamel pans that are perfect for holding small odds and ends of fabric. Of course, I'm the only sewist in the group so all my husband's aunt sewing threads, kits, needles, etc came home with me. Then there are the screwdrivers, and, well you get the picture.





     
The perfect place for thread!









Aunt Barb's sewing kit.




We'll paint this guy in a future tuitorial.


I had started cleaning up the craft room and got a good ways done when we adopted this monster. Of course you can't just introduce your new cat to the cat family right away so Roman spent a lot of time in that room. Then, just as we got Roman introduced, another cat started living in our garage. It got cold and I'm too tender hearted so you know where Marlowe the cat ended up...yep.




Oh, and what about Christmas, yes, many things were hidden in the sewing/glass/cat room.



My husband's Christmas gift to me!





I'm glad to say everyone has been introduced and the room is finally smells and is cleaned and I can get back to the intended. I don't mind to tell you it was very scary for quite a while but now everything is organized and I made a vow at that point I wasn't buying anymore fabric until I cleared some of the nine totes out...












Then again, you do have to take advantage of all those year end clearances right? I mean to miss some prized fabric would be a crime after all....


No comments:

Post a Comment