Places to Party

Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Goodbye My Dearest Clothesline


My Dearest Clothesline,

     It saddens me as much to write this letter as I’m sure it is to read it.

Image courtesy of thegraphicsfairy.com/
 

The summer of our time together is waning-I can feel the coolness in your demeanor every time we are together. The carefree, sunshine dappled joy that we shared, the joy I felt every time we got together has been replaced with the cold steeliness and I feel that with every crisp autumn day we are drifting apart.

 

Please don’t think I’m being fickle. I’ve attempted in everyway I know how to fix our relationship and extend the season of our friendship but at every turn you’ve clipped me short, leaving me frozen and damp. I feel I’ve done all the heavy lifting in this relationship and you just stand there and watch, you don’t even try to lift a finger. I was there when your line snapped. I was there when you lost clips. I gave you the support you needed.  Now, however, the days are growing shorter and I sense we are drifting apart.

 
Image courtesy of thegraphicsfairy.com/

 

So, goodbye for now. I admit I have a new paramour,  Dr. Yer. Yes, he’s not a naturalist as you are, sometimes he strikes me as a bit artificial.  Admittedly, sometimes his “natural scent” is overwhelming. But he keeps me warm and dry all winter long. That is more than I can say for you.

 

This is not a end. I’m pretty sure our paths will cross again in the spring when the weather is better. Maybe we’ll find time to mend our ways and see each other again.

 

Image courtesy of thegraphicsfairy.com/
Best of luck to you. You will always be in my heart.

 

Sincerely,

 

Ms. Laun Dry

2 comments: